By Divya Srinivasan and Lauren Bautista
GW Chronicle Journalists
Student Council News:
- As the year comes to the end, the Student Council is hosting a relaxing get-together for students like you! Whether you’re looking to unwind after a long day of class or want to get to know other students, this is the place to be!
- Want to show off your collection of random, seemingly-useless facts? The Student Council is hosting a trivia event on May 19 at 1:00 p.m., open to all.
Club and Social News:
- Grasp this opportunity to relax while also boosting your French vocabulary! The French Club and French Honor Society are presenting a move entitled Le Dîner de Cons at 10:00 a.m. on May 5. Note that this movie is rated PG-13, so make sure to have your parents fill out the consent form to join.
- Spanish students, we’ve got you covered, as well! The Spanish Honor Society is hosting a movie night on May 18 at 5:00 p.m. They will be sharing the movie In The Heights. This requires parental permission, as well, so make sure to ask your parents to fill out the form before joining.
- Eighth-grade parents, your middle-schoolers are almost freshmen! Help us celebrate this pivotal juncture by submitting pictures of your child as well as a special graduation note for them by May 19.
- Don’t forget that May 29 is a holiday in honor of Memorial Day. Utilize your long weekend to catch up on assignments, or simply relax.
- Help us build a book that will be treasured forever! Please submit your yearbook photo by May 12.
- Wanting to learn a new language, but unsure about where to start? Or perhaps are you simply curious about linguistics? Join us at 2:00 p.m. for a talk by George Washington University professor Dr. Hetrovicz on May 5.
- Make sure to submit your fall course selection form and four-year plans by May 5. Don’t forget that this is a required assignment for everyone except seniors, even if you aren’t returning next year.
- There is an forthcoming free webinar hosted by ACT on tips for wellbeing, college, and career success on May 11 at 7:00 p.m. Click here to register.
- Don’t miss out on some upcoming virtual admissions presentations! There will be a presentation hosted by Miami University on May 5 at 2 p.m., and the University of South Carolina will be hosting a university admissions presentation on May 26 at 2:00 p.m.